3 May 2018
Tritium strengthens international marketing capability to support increased global penetration in EV fast-charging markets
- Three leading PR consultancies appointed in US, Europe & Australia
- Brand development agency appointed to develop Tritium brand for global market
Brisbane, Australia 03 May 2018: As part of its strategic development programme to increase global penetration of the electric vehicle (EV) fast charging market, Australian-based Tritium has announced it has appointed three leading public relations consultancies and a brand development agency to support its international marketing.
The PR consultancies are located in Tritium’s key markets and in Australia: Thinkshift Communications, based in California, US will cover the Americas; EMG, based in Netherlands, will cover Europe and Watterson, based in Sydney, will cover Australia. Brand development agency, New Word Order, based in Brisbane, has been appointed to further develop the Tritium brand for a global market.
“We made the first Veefil-RT fast charger sale four years ago”, explains Tritium’s founder and CEO, David Finn, “and in just a few years, our fast-charging products have made a significant impact on the market and they are currently installed in over 20 countries globally.
“Tritium has an aggressive international sales strategy that has seen us take 20 per cent of the fast charging sector in both the US and Europe since our launch. In the past 18 months we have set up sales and manufacturing premises in California and the Netherlands, and have also increased our global HQ and manufacturing facilities in Australia. With these new appointments, we now have in place a network of consultancies to strengthen our marketing capability and support the next phase of our development.”
Tritium is a leading international specialist in developing infrastructure solutions for the EV sector and its distinctive Veefil-RT 50kW unit, has been described as ‘the most technologically-advanced fast charger in its class’. The company’s products have been used in both urban and corridor charging infrastructure and it is successfully partnering with organisations in the Utilities & Network sectors, and Automotive, Fleet and Petrol/Retail industries. Tritium’s customers include, Proterra, ChargePoint, Gronn Kontakt, Stromnetz, Charge.net.nz, Fortum and EDF Lumins.
1059 CA Amsterdam
+31 20 225 0100
Notes for editors
Brisbane-based Tritium is a technology company that specialises in the design and manufacture of fast chargers for electric vehicles (EV), power-electronic systems and battery energy-storage applications. Established in 2001, it has gained a reputation with the world's largest organisations and top universities for providing solutions when quality, reliability and performance are critical for success. Its products are operational on every continent around the world and are to be found in submarines, UAVs flying at over 40,000ft and even working in the extremes of Antarctica. In June 2016 the Queensland Government invested AU$2.5m in Tritium – one of the first companies to receive investment under a Business Development Fund scheme established to encourage innovative businesses. It invested a further AU$2.5m in 2018. Tritium’s headquarters are in Brisbane, Australia. In January 2017 it opened a sales, manufacturing and service facility in California, USA and in March it opened a sales, marketing, assembly and test facility in Netherlands, to service the EU market.
Note for Editors
How Tritium has rapidly become a major global player in EV infrastructure
Tritium is an innovative technology-led company that, through extensive R&D, continually pushes the boundaries of what is possible in energy management. In just four years it has become an international specialist in developing EV fast charging infrastructure solutions and has made a major impact on traditional fast-charging markets around the world. Here are six key contributors to Tritium’s success:
- Innovative technology - developed the Veefil range of fast chargers recognised as the most technologically-advanced in the market. The size, weight and unique liquid-cooling systems significantly reduces cost of ownership through low installation and shipping costs and reduced maintenance costs - compared to competitor models.
- The Veefil has revolutionised the style and look of fast chargers - transforming the product from a cumbersome unexciting box into stylish, colourful and attractive street furniture, ergonomically designed. The Veefil’s distinctive design is easily identifiable and a pleasure for end-users to interact with.
- The Veefil’s unique design offers branding opportunities, facilitating additional revenue stream from advertising.
- Tritium owns the whole of the manufacturing processes, with complete control of units from design, tailoring solutions, manufacturing to servicing practices. Tritium partners with its customers for optimum results, rather than sell standardised products.
- Tritium provides flexible, scalable technology solutions to suit individual customer requirements.
Tritium is independently owned and not aligned with any auto manufacturer. This enables it to work in a confidential environment with each customer, to deliver tailored solutions that best meet their interests.