17 Apr 2018
Clariant reveals BeautyForward® – Edition III new trends and inspirational cosmetics formulations
- New formulation ideas focused on water scarcity, threats caused by climate changes, ethics and environment consciousness, and gender neutral beauty
- Emphasis on natural ingredients and responsible resource use
- Debut at in-cosmetics Global 2018, Booth H90, April 17-19
Muttenz, April 17, 2018 – Clariant, a world leader in specialty chemicals, presents trendy formulations, “hot” ingredients and new textures that capture four consumer trends having a big influence on the beauty business in BeautyForward – Edition III.
Through its latest industry guide, Clariant sets out again to inspire the future of new individuals, new beauty rituals and new products and textures for Personal Care. Enthused by the values, life experiences and tattoos of French artist Dit Cheyenne, Clariant’s four new trend discoveries are reflected in inspirational formulations relevant to the specific Skin Care and Hair Care needs of each related consumer type. Examples include:
- Blue Gold - Water scarcity is giving rise to a new breed of young, sensible and environmentally-conscious consumers whose value of water is changing how they shop. Water will soon start figuring less heavily in favorite cosmetics ingredients as companies design products that are neither formulated with water nor require its use.
Clariant responds with a water- and alcohol-free Dry Powder Shampoo to support this rapidly growing market. It refreshes hair, removes oil and boosts scalp health through ingredients that avoid build-up on hair, such as Pataùa Oil that cares for tired scalps, conditioning agent Coguar 113 and Octopirox® to reduce dandruff.
- #Consciousbeauty - Bettering the world is the new priority and a new wave of “changemaker” consumers expects the beauty industry to offer creative solutions to take this trend to a new level. These consumers want products that are natural, ethical and sustainable but also have excellent cleansing and caring benefits.
Clariant’s Good Stuff Hair Mask features a delicious blend of Community Trade ingredients including babassu butter and pequi oil ethically sourced from Brazil. The silicone-free, once-a-week treatment contains the 100% natural based hair conditioner agent, Genadvance™ Hydra, and leaves hair intensely nourished from root to tip.
- Guardian Angel - Ordinary people, like young mothers, are looking for protection, balance and an easy solution to protect the people they love from environmental threats and the changing climate. More beauty companies are responding with products that offer complete protection.
Clariant introduces a light Multi Defense Lotion SPF 15 to help protect against UV rays, air pollution, and mosquitos for beautiful, healthy-looking skin. The 3-in-1 ultra fine formulation uses DEET to repel insects for 2 hours after application. The lotion is a key player in new anti-ageing solutions, featuring Eclipsogen® UV filters as part of a comprehensive sun damage defense system, and RedSnow™ and Eosidin™ for protection against outdoor and indoor pollution.
- Redefining Eden - Gender lines are blurring with greater interest in gender-neutral beauty products. As male beauty regimens become more complex, traditionally »female« products like concealers, foundations, bronzers and BB creams are becoming male grooming essentials.
For these consumers, Clariant’s Neutral Facial Cleanser features a mild surfactant chassis for sensitive skin centered on the caring foam of GlucoTain® liquiflex, and a no-rinse formula that leaves skin cleansed and hydrated. Applied with a wipe or a towel, it is a stand out non-sticky, non-oily and non-drying formulation with the extreme skin soothing benefits of MultiEx BSASM™.
Nicolas Lasbistes, Clariant Personal Care, Global Marketing Manager, Clariant comments: “Through BeautyForward, Clariant helps customers to be one step ahead in their development activities. The trend guide embraces what matters most to consumers and provides exciting and innovative formulations to help formulators respond, including natural ingredients. It’s setting a new standard in the Personal Care industry and we are excited to be unveiling our third edition.”
BeautyForward - Edition III will be launched at Clariant’s pre-in-cosmetics Global customer and media event on April 16, 2018. From April 17-19, visitors to in-cosmetics Global are invited to discover the trends and formulations at Booth H90 RAI Amsterdam.
More details on the trends and the full selection of sample formulations are available at www.clariant.com/beautyforward.
® TRADEMARK OF CLARIANT REGISTERED IN MANY COUNTRIES.
Reader enquiriesClariant International Ltd
4132 Muttenz 1
+41 61 469 6742
Notes for editors
Clariant is a globally leading specialty chemicals company, based in Muttenz near Basel/Switzerland. On 31 December 2017 the company employed a total workforce of 18 135. In the financial year 2017, Clariant recorded sales of CHF 6.377 billion for its continuing businesses. The company reports in four business areas: Care Chemicals, Catalysis, Natural Resources, and Plastics & Coatings. Clariant’s corporate strategy is based on five pillars: focus on innovation through R&D, add value with sustainability, reposition portfolio, intensify growth, and increase profitability.