11 Oct 2021
Milliken to offer a broad portfolio of polymer additive and colorant solutions at ArabPlast 2021
Ghent, Belgium – Additives and colorant expert Milliken & Company will demonstrate its commitment to the development of the plastics processing sector in the Middle East with a full package of value-adding product innovations and service solutions on its stand 7C140 at ArabPlast 2021.
At the show — being held Nov. 15-18 at the UAE’s Dubai World Trade Center — learn more from Milliken about the following products:
- Millad® NX® 8000 ECO clarifier for polypropylene (PP);
- Hyperform® HPN® high-performance additives for PP used in thermoforming and injection molding;
- DeltaMax® 5000a performance modifiers for PP used by converters processing impact copolymers; and
- KeyPlast® colorants for PET
The new standard in PP transparency
Millad NX 8000 ECO delivers crystal clear, glass like clarity, while extending sustainability, making clarified polypropylene a viable alternative to glass, PC, PET, PVC and PS in applications such as housewares, food packaging, and various other end uses. The additive further offers the added benefit of even faster production rates, contributing to average energy savings of 10% for the production of clarified injection molded PP parts — a fact independently certified by UL (Underwriters Laboratories).
Consistent high quality products and faster processing
Several grades in Milliken’s energy-saving Hyperform HPN range of performance additives will also be on display at ArabPlast. UL has certified that several of these grades help injection molders to significantly reduce energy use during processing, earning the products UL’s Environmental Claim Validation label — a key marketing benefit. These nucleating agents for PP are easy to use and reliable while also improving the performance of recycled polypropylene (rPP). They enable thermoformers and injection molders to produce stronger, lighter parts. In addition to increasing stiffness significantly when compared to conventionally nucleated resin, they also aid processing productivity and offer balanced, tuneable properties. Discover which Hyperform HPN grade is ideal for your application.
- Hyperform HPN 715 is designed for use by injection molders in polypropylene (PP) homopolymers and impact copolymers to yield the highest stiffness possible in the resin while retaining good impact resistance. Hyperform HPN 715-modified PP allows downgauging and reduces filler requirements, thereby improving design freedom, reducing weight, and cutting material costs. It enhances the physical and thermal properties of PP, hence offering new opportunities for PP to replace more-expensive engineering resins in demanding applications, from microwaveable containers and industrial packaging to under-hood vehicle components and household appliance parts.
- Hyperform HPN 909ei, designed for use by thermoformers in PP homopolymers and mini-random copolymers, is typically used to make drink cups and lids, food packaging and thermoformed trays. It offers improved aesthetics and has been developed using a clean chemistry. For such food-contact applications, it has one SML less than the previous-generation product.
- Hyperform HPN 500ei, meanwhile, provides high stiffness and improved optics to parts thermoformed from the PP homopolymers that contain it. Resulting products such as drink cups and sheet not only have a better heat deflection temperature, but also a significantly cleaner, newer appearance that can rival that of PET.
Providing better impact performance
DeltaMax 5000a is the latest addition to Milliken’s DeltaMax portfolio of performance modifiers for PP. They maximize the physical properties and processability of impact copolymer (ICP) polypropylene by compatibilizing the rubber matrix interface. This latest addition is designed to expand the use of Milliken’s DeltaMax additive into all market segments, including food packaging. DeltaMax 5000a will allow resin producers to expand the performances of their resin portfolios and to boost their productivity by increasing the throughput of their reactors.
Bright & stable colors
Great color choice can turn an ordinary product into something special. This is why we produce a wide range of high-purity, vibrant KeyPlast colorants that meet their economic and performance needs. By bringing purity, consistency and traceability, these additives can help a brand to protect its all-important image. KeyPlast colorants for PET and amorphous polymers (PET, ABS, PC, PMMA, PS etc.) can be used to create distinctive shades in both transparent and opaque applications. Ideal of food-contact applications, this specially developed range is well suited for beverage bottles, pharmacopeia containers, and for products that require differentiated design.
Milliken will focus on all these high-quality, performance-enhancing additives at the Dubai show. To learn more, visit Milliken at the show (Stand 7C140) or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reader enquiriesMilliken Chemical
Veerle de Wolf
+32 9 265 1136
Notes for editors
About Milliken & Company
Materials science expert Milliken & Company knows that a single molecule has the potential to change the world. With innovative solutions across the textile, flooring, specialty chemical, and healthcare industries, Milliken answers some of the world’s greatest challenges. Named to the World’s Most Ethical Companies list by Ethisphere Institute for 15 straight years, the company meets the moment with an unwavering commitment to delivering sustainable solutions for its customers and communities. Eight thousand associates across 46 locations globally rally behind a common purpose: to positively impact the world for generations. Discover more about Milliken’s curious minds and inspired solutions at milliken.com and on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Millad, NX, KeyPlast, Hyperform, HPN, DeltaMax, Milliken, and the Milliken logo are registered trademarks of Milliken & Company in the US, E.U. and elsewhere.